- Legislative Decree No. (35) of 2000
LEGISLATIVE DECREE NO. (6) OF 1989
WITH RESPECT TO THE PROTECTION OF INDUSTIES
OF NATIONAL ORIGIN LAW
We Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa, Amir of the State of Bahrain,
- Having reviewed the Constitution,
- And Amiri order No. 4/1975,
- And legislative Decree No. 26/1981 with respect to approval of the Unified Economic Agreement between the Countries of the Gulf Co-operation Council,
- And legislative Decree No. 6/1984 with respect to the Organization of Industry,
- And legislative Decree No. 11/1985 with respect to protections and support of the national industries amended by legislative Decree No. 16/1987,
- And the resolutions of the Supreme Council for GCC states in its ninth session with respect to unified system for the protection of Industries Products of National Origin in the GCC States.
- And upon the submission of the Minister of Finance and National Economy and the Minister of Development and Industry,
- And with the concent of the Council of ministers,
HEREBY ENACT THE FOLLOWING LAW:
"As amended by Legislative Decree No. (35) of 2000"
An Industrial Product of a National Origin shall mean the product in which the added value resulting from manufacturing it in a GCC State or more shall not be less 40% of its final value when its production is completed.
“Protection “ shall mean methods and devices determined by the Financial and economic corporation Committee for the Arab States of the Gulf upon the recommendation of the Committee for the protection of Industries of National Origin in the Co-operation council for the Arab States of the Gulf including imposition of customs tariffs in the percentages approved by the unified rules for the protection of industrial products of national origin, whether on imported materials , the value thereof or both or by limitation of imported quantities, prohibition of import or any other means proposed by the mentioned protection committee
The council of Ministers shall issue a resolution prescribing the unified rules for the protection of industrial products of national origin.
The Prime Minister and the Ministers shall, where applicable, implement the provisions of this Law and it shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
Isa bin Salman AlKhalifa
Amir of the State of Bahrain
Issued at Reffa’a Palace
11 sha’aban 1409 Hijri
19 May 1989